Terms & Conditions
Payment for reservations may be made Online, by ETF, wire transfer, or major credit card. Credit Card payment may be made either over the phone (800-900-9176) or in person. Certified Checks may be given to Zen Recreations, LLC in person or by certified mail to:
Zen Recreations, LLC
118-35 Queens Blvd., Suite 400,
Forest Hills, New York, 11375
Payment Terms & Schedule
- A deposit of 50% of the full itinerary cost must be received by Zen Recreations, LLC in order to secure the reservation. Full payment must be paid 45 days prior to the start date of selected tour. If payment is not made on-time, your reservation may be subject to cancellation. In such an event, no refund of deposit will be given. For trips booked within 90 days of start date, full payment must be paid at time of booking to secure the reservation.
- We will make a strong effort to maintain price. As per industry norm, the trip price is subject to increase based on unforeseeable changes beyond our control. The changes may include a change in the cost of airfare, currency fluctuation, taxes, fuel surcharges, security costs, or unavoidable charges imposed by our activity providers. These charges are to be paid with in 10 days of notification if such a situation does arise. Otherwise your reservation may be subject to cancellation.
- Prices are based on for double occupancy, also as per industry norm. We will do our best to provide you with a roommate if at all possible. If none can be found, a single supplement will be charged. If you prefer single occupancy, please advise us and we will attempt to accommodate your preference’.
- If you wish to arrive early or extend your stay, we will do our best to provide you with discounted hotel rooms. This is subject to availability and would be added to the itinerary cost.
- We reserve the right to invoice or re-invoice participants for the correct price, in case of typo, c, or error.
- Any entity with whom you book our tours, other than Zen Recreations, LLC is working strictly as your agent. We do not accept responsibility for any payments made by you to them until it is in our hands and credited by us to your account.
- Cancellations must be sent to us in writing, via courier or certified mail, fax, or e-mail. Cancellations will be effective based on the date of recipt by us. Limited refunds of deposits and any payments made will be issues as follows:
Effective Date of Cancellation Refund Given (on any payments made) 90+ Days Prior To Tour Start Date Full Refund, less $200 fee per booking of full amount 60-89 Days Prior to Tour Start Date Full Refund, less $300 fee per booking of full amount. Within 60 Days of Tour Start Date No Refund Given No Show No Refund Given. You will be liable for the full rate of tour
- Leaving a trip in-progress, for any reason, will not result in a refund. In addition, any fees charged by airlines or third-party service providers as a result of your departure will be your responsibility. To ensure equality, no exceptions can be made to us for any reason, including but not limited to, illness, inability to travel, State Department Warnings, fear of terrorism, or any other personal reasons. Due to this, we highly recommend purchasing trip interruption/ cancellation insurance from a third-party provider.
- Cancellation of booking made with deposit of 50% of the full itinerary cost, full refund of the 50% deposit less fee will be refunded.
Included in Price from the beginning through the end of the tour
- Hotel accommodations at double occupancy
- Group transportation
- Foreign airport transfers to/from hotel
- Meals as specified
- Multi-lingual tour coordinators
- All entrance fees to sights indicated on itineraries
- Exciting activities – often with options (unless otherwise specified)
- Flights during tours if any applicable taxes imposed on the above additional cost.
Not Included in Price
- Personal Expenses, including but not limited to phone calls, internet access, beverages, bottled water, laundry, meals when not specified, incidental extras, transfer to/from airport in home country, and mini-bar.
- Inoculations and medical costs whether pre/during/post trip
- Airfare and/or traveled to the starting point of the tour.
- Optional activities that may present themselves during trip
- Insurance of any kind (Travel Insurance is required to participate)
- Fees associated with passport, visa and customs procedures
- Fees charged by airlines/airport, including fees for overweight and /or excess luggage internet service, airport use or departure fees or services not included in the base airfare.
- Activities not explicitly listed in itinerary
Before Start of Tour
- US citizens are required to have passport validity for at least six months after re-entry to the USA
- Non-US citizens must ask the relevant embassy or consulate for entry/exit requirements
- We suggest that you verify visa requirements with the relevant embassy or consulate well in advance of your trip. When required, apply for visas as early as possible.
- Travel documents including final pre-trip itinerary, packing suggestions, and airline/hotel bookings will be sent to you approximately two weeks prior to departure. It is your responsibility to review them, ensure that you have all necessary travel documents and visas, and that your name in the documents match your name in your passport, please notify us immediately of any discrepancies. We are not responsible for cancellations due to the lack of any required travel documents.
- Given the active, non-traditional nature of our trips, and our strict refund policy, we strongly urge you to purchase travel insurance including trip interruption, cancellation insurance.
- Travel health insurance is required, and evidence of it must be provided to us prior to the start of your tour. Without this, you will not be allowed to participate in our tour and no refund will be given. Standard insurance typically does not cover international travel health care, and we urge you to review your policy with your insurance provider. We strongly recommend that you purchase insurance through a reputable provider such as _AON NTA ___________________ (not affiliated with Zen Recreations, LLC), as the costs are reasonable and may cover the relevant risks.
- You may also wish to insure your possessions as we are not liable for any loss, theft, or damage that may occur to your goods for any reason.
- Our goal is to give you a great trip, and to make it unforgettable for all the right reasons. We take a lot of pride in our itineraries, as we have invested lots of our time and energy into organizing them. Sometimes however for a variety of reasons, tours don’t always go to plan. Because of this, we reserve the right to cancel or change aspects of the itinerary at any time, and for any reason. When necessary, we will substitute hotels, airlines, events, and activities. Each time we do so, we will keep the quality the same, ensuring that the category of service substituted is the same as what is in the itinerary.
- We also reserve the right to cancel and re-book itineraries if the minimum number of guests is not met. In the event of cancellation our only liability will be to refund the amount we have received for booking. We will not be responsible for cancellation penalties or other non-refundable expenses incurred for other travel arrangements made directly by the guest.
- Given the active nature of our trip and rising airline fees, we highly recommend packing light.
- We direct you to your airline for the most current allowance policies. You are limited to one check-in and one small carryon for our tours. You will be required to carry your luggage in airports, hotels, and other public areas. We accept no responsibility for lost or damaged luggage.
- We recommend the use of a TSA-approved lock for all luggage.
- Prices are per person, for double occupancy. We will do our best to match your preferences for twin/double beds, non-smoking rooms, and will attempt to provide a roommate if need be. If a roommate cannot be found, or if you request a single room, the single supplement must be paid.
- Rooms will be allocated based on the hotel’s discretion.
- In the unlikely event that at hotel must be substituted, we will change to a hotel of similar or better standard.
- Upgrades may be available from time to time. If available, we will let you know the additional cost and ask if you are interested in upgrading.
During the Trip
- We will do our best to honor room preferences, and seating arrangements on transportation. However, we cannot make any guarantees that they will be provided. In most cases, these are outside of our control.
- By accepting these terms, you agree to grant us, and our third-party marketing partners, a worldwide paid- up royalty-free license to use your likeness for our promotional materials and/or commercial purposes. This likeness may be photographic, video, digital, or printed media.
- Electronic and faxed copies of any documents with signatures shall be treated as an original. At our request, you agree to provide a signed original as well.
- Zen Recreations, LLC, its affiliates, officers,employees, members, agents, and assigns (collectively “Zen Recreations”) does not own or operate any entity which is to, or does provide goods or services for your trip, including but not limited to hotels, airlines, transportation, guide service, activity providers, ground operation, and food service providers. All such entities and persons are independent contractors, and not agents for, employees, partners, or joint venturers of Zen Recreations. Zen Recreations issues tickets, vouchers, and other such services merely as an agent for the companies that furnish such services. As a result, Zen Recreations is not liable for any negligent or intentional act or failure to act of any such person or entity. All services of any kind provided on the tour are subject to the terms and conditions, including possible limitations of liability, specified by the supplier of such services and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied. The passage contract (Conditions of Carriage), when issued by the airlines concerned, shall constitute the sole contract between such airlines and the client.
- As agents, our responsibility is to organize and administer your trip. Therefore, we shall not be liable for any death or injury to persons, property damage, loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason
- (1) any act of omission of any of the suppliers
- (2) any matter beyond our reasonable control, including for example acts or failures to act by governments, acts of God, strikes, fire, flood, war, rebellion, terrorism, insurrection, sickness, epidemics, quarantine, lack of medical attention in rural/urban areas, and theft.
The tour participant expressly waives all rights which he or she may have against Zen Recreations in connection with the foregoing.Under no circumstances is Zen Recreations to be construed as a carrier under contract for safe carriage of any tour participant or their baggage or belongings.
We reserve the right to change the itinerary solely at our discretion, for any reason, and shall not be liable for any such changes
- Our trips are active in nature. We market ourselves as different from other tours, largely based on our aggressive exploration and hands-on approach to discovering both cities and remote areas.
- By signing up for this tour, you agree to have made a realistic assessment of your health and find yourself capable of performing the activities described in the itinerary, walking for hours at a stretch, climbing stairs, navigating uneven terrain indoors and outdoors, and are generally fit to undertake rigorous physical activity.
- We regretfully cannot allow anyone unable to meet these physical requirements on the tour. No refund will be made for those unable to carry out the activities described in our itineraries. If you are unsure about your fitness level, we urge you to obtain the advice of your doctor.
- No children under 18 will be allowed on our trips, absent the parent(s) or legal guardians written permission.
- We operate under a strict smoke-free policy in our vehicles.
- Unless otherwise specified, our tours are not wheelchair or handicap accessible.
- Dietary requirements will be considered whenever possible but we make no promises about being able to consistently meet your needs as some of our food providers are limited in their services.
- You are responsible for respecting the authority and following the directions of the tour guide during the tour. We may exclude you from participating in any or all part of the tour, if in our sole discretion, your condition of behavior renders you unfit for the tour or unfit for continuation once the tour has begun. If your behavior mandates exclusion from the tour, you are responsible for the costs associated with travel back to your home. Decisions made by Zen Recreations, LLC are final with respect to behavior. Unfitness may include, but is not limited to, any behavior that regardless of its cause is inappropriate or offensive or interferes with the delivery of tour services, or may constitute a hazard to yourself and/or others or an embarrassment. In such case we will not be liable for any refund or other loss or fees that may arise as a result of this decision.
- We are not responsible for the behavior of any other tour participants towards you.
- You agree to release us from liability for any matter for which we disclaim liability under this agreement. You agree to indemnify and defend us from and against any liability to third parties arising out of your or your companions’ actions or omissions.
- You have the right to skip tour activities, though no refund will be given for the unused portion of any tour.
- In the event that delays occur for reasons beyond our reasonable control, and they result in extending your stay, you will be responsible for your own transfer, hotel, and meal costs during the delay.
- You are solely responsible for your luggage and property during this trip.
- By signing up for this tour, you certify that you do not have any mental/physical/other condition that would create a hazard for you or any other participants.
- Occasionally, optional activities may be offered to you. These activities may carry an additional cost that shall be communicated, and paid by, you. There will be no obligation or pressure to join these optional activities.
You agree to accept all of the above terms and conditions in their entirety.Any disputes between you and Zen Recreations, LLC shall be resolved only in a state or federal court situated in the State of Connecticut in USA, and in accordance with the law of the State of Connecticut excluding provisions relating to conflicts of law. In no event will Zen Recreations, LLC be liable for anything other than compensatory damages, and you expressly waive any and all rights to incidental, consequential, and/or punitive damages.
Use of Site
You may use or download Content displayed on this Site for non-commercial personal use. You may also use or download Content for promotion of ZR Tours products. You may not use or download Content for any other commercial purpose without ZRs prior written permission
These Terms and Conditions may not be amended or modified except in a writing signed by a duly authorized representative of Zen Recreations, LLC.