Option:1- Visit Poas Volcano
We depart at 7:30 am by shared transport in order to visit this stunning natural treasure. It is an active 2708 meter stratovolcano (8885 foot) and has two crater lakes near its summit. It has erupted 39 times since 1828. There is lots to see – this is a quick view of our planned itinerary:
- Stop at the coffee fields
- Poás Volcano crater visit
- Cloud forest walk
- View the stunning waterfalls
- Coffee break at hummingbird gallery
- Buffet lunch and free time at Selva Verde Jungle Lodge
- Jungle River Cruise
- Drive through Braulio Carrillo National Park
Arrive 6:00 pm back at Hotel Crown Plaza
**Advance booking necessary.
Option: 2 - City walking tour
You can choose to go on this tour in the morning or the afternoon as it will start out at 8:00 am OR 1:00 pm
Option: 3 - Co-op Santa Maria De dota
How much do you really know about where (or should we say, who) your coffee comes from, about what is given in return for the ideal product that so many of us consume on a daily basis, and about what all goes into making the perfect cup of coffee beyond cream and sugar? Costa Rica coffee is incredible. Arguably one of the best coffees in the world, it is no surprise that some of the biggest brewers including Starbucks and Tim Hortons opt for Tico beans. This is your chance of a lifetime to learn their coffee processing methods, buy or import.
We travel today in style by SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle). The journey takes 2.5 hours travel time one way. You have the option of an overnight stay at Cabana Cecilia for an extended visit or return back to San Jose on the same day.
Our Itinerary for the day:
- Depart at 7:00 am to Santa Maria De Dota
- Arrive at Co-op Coffee 10:00 am
- Introduction to the Co-op by film screening
- Guided tour of the Co-op and process
- Lunch organized by the Coffee Co-op.
- Depart 3:00 pm for San Jose
- Arrive 6:00 PM (approx.) San Jose